Sunday, September 28, 2008

Autumn....

Autumn has arrived and so has her warm colors and cooler days. I wonder if that is that God's way of bringing balance? Yesterday I spent the day at our City Center and enjoyed their beautiful arrangement of fall flowers along the main walkway. I ate my lunch on a park bench at the fountain and drank in the beauty of nature. As I sat looking at ALL of the things around me, I began to wonder what kinds of words would best describe this peaceful scene.

Perhaps I was so taken with the beauty because it had been awhile since I had enjoyed the middle of the day outdoors. Humid summers are best enjoyed from our air conditioned homes & cars. Even the fuschia Myrtle trees that bloom in the middle of the July heat, are usually best viewed from behind a window. I must get outside more!

As the leaves change their colors to gold & red and they fall away from their trees, so I too look for changes in the color of my life and what needs to fall away. So that when winter comes & its time to hibernate, I've got that which matters most in place.

Psalm 24:1 The earth is the Lord's and all of its fullness.

No comments: