Sunday, February 8, 2009

Winter...

What is the purpose of winter? Can anything good really come of short cold days with blustery winds that chill you to the bone? Granted we've had it pretty mild here in VA compared to the rest of the country. My brother lives in Spokane and they've had enough snow for 100 years!

Personally for me, January was a tough month. It was an ongoing, what appeared to be never ending, list of tests and trials. One right after another and it started on Day 2 of a 21 day fast. My first ever and boy was I prepared & excited. I knew just what I was going to do and I knew God would be so proud of me! Ha...

Needless to say, my fast..altho still a fast..turned out different than my plan BUT He showed Himself strong when I was weak. Through it all, there were a couple of things that He settled once and for all in our family and now we are stronger for the tests and on a sure foundation that cannot be shaken!

During winter in the life of a tree, they become dormant, they slow down and store that energy in their root system. Those with good root structures grow back faster & better when the weather conditions are right.

So it is in the winter months of our lives. We need to slow down, shed the excess, trim & cut back, become dormant and allow His word and His spirit to store energy in our root system.

Spring is on its way and the time will come when we will spring forward. Will we be trim and prepared to leap ahead?

Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven

No comments: